APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship is also a prestigious scholarship awarded to meritorious students by the Global Indian International School (GIIS) in Kuala Lumpur. Learn more.
Procuring a scholarship is a proud moment for any citizen. Educational scholarship is an important platform for students to fulfil their dreams in pursuing higher studies in reputable and prestigious institutions.
There are many scholarships awarded to students like the sports scholarship, skill-based scholarships, educational scholarships, means cum merit based scholarships, etc.
The APJ Abdul Kalam scholarship is also a prestigious scholarship awarded to meritorious students by the Global Indian International School (GIIS) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
GIIS was initially established in Singapore with only 48 students and later went on to create its presence across Asian countries with 21 campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Thailand, UAE, Vietnam, and India.
GIIS Kuala Lumpur promises high-quality and value-based education at affordable fees. With a holistic approach to teaching, GIIS moulds students into confident citizens of the future.
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is awarded to students purely based on their proficiency and knowledge in skills related to technology, digital and innovations. This scholarship offers illustrious learning experience to students to enhance and explore their skills in handling technology and digital tools and overcome the challenges faced in the digital world confidently.
Before a student plans to apply for this scholarship they should understand the basic requirements to meet the scholarship needs which are:
The student and parent must be residents of Malaysia. This is a very important requirement as random students from any country cannot apply for this scholarship and should establish their stay in Malaysia. They should have valid visas and ID proof related to Malaysia.
How is the scholarship awarded?
· The scholarship is awarded for a period of one year and offers CBSE as well as IGCSE curriculum.
· It can be applied by students studying between 1st and -12th standards.
· The scholarship amount can range anywhere between 6%-19% depending upon the category the student belongs to.
What are the achievements required for this scholarship?
Unlike the other scholarships, the APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is offered to students based on their tech savvy skills that include:
· Top 10 national ranks in the Olympiad by SOF/STEM Olympiad/Robotics Olympiad
· National level top three ranks in the annual competition of National Children’s Science Congress
· Top ranks in national or international level competitions held by top companies like Microsoft, Google, Adobe, Intel, and more
· Top rankers at national, state, and international levels in Robotics Olympiad
· Top ranking teams at ISRO Space Quiz, NSS-National Space settlement
· CIASC-CISR national and international level innovation competitions
· State and national level winners at MOE, CBSE Science exhibition or National Talent Search Examinations (NTSE).
· Student must be a resident of Malaysia
· Student should have excelled in technology or digital space
· Student should have won regional, national or international recognition in the below mentioned areas
-Written a paper, thesis or published documents. Invented or innovated a tool/gadget related to digital space like Artificial Intelligence, Virtual Reality, Robotics, Coding, App-creation, Block Chain etc.
-Provide relevant proof/s of the paper, thesis, publication, tool, instrument, application etc.
· Students should have excellent academic records and should submit previous two years’ records
· Students should also submit the relevant achievements certificates.
How to apply?
Once the students fall into the eligibility bracket and have the basic requirements then they can visit the GIIS website to know more about the scholarship and apply for the same. The selection is based on the fulfillment of the applications and the documents submitted. Selected students will be intimated through mail and then the final assessment happens in the form of a test or interview. The parents need to sign the scholarship deed within 7 working days from the date of notification of the results. Selected students need to register within two weeks from the announcement of results and need to join based on the information provided by the school