Working from home is a new reality. If we have been 'shyly' talking about working from home for the last few years, the reality is that working from home will become the new norm.
The coronavirus pandemic has made a big dent in the labor market. Companies have been laying off employees, finding new ways to market, intervening, and making quick decisions to save their businesses and the livelihoods of their employees.
Some companies have been better at this than others, especially those who allowed their workers to work remotely, from home. If the position allowed it, employees continued their work safely and without major disruptions. Sales jobs are amongst those which can be easily done from home. And so it began, the rise of remote sales jobs.
Remote sales jobs are here to stay
Working from home is a new reality. If we have been 'shyly' talking about working from home for the last few years, the reality is that working from home will become the new norm. The coronavirus pandemic was just the trigger for companies to make the switch from in-office sales to remote sales teams. Once they saw the results people can deliver from their home offices, all the doubt was gone. Remote sales jobs are here to stay.
Another fact that supports our belief is the amount of new remote sales jobs posted on Sellcrowd. Finding a remote sales job position has never been easier for a salesperson. Companies use Sellcrowd to gather a sales team in a matter of minutes. Do not miss out!
Benefits of remote work
Do you still have doubts? We understand you. Switching from in-office sales to remote sales is no easy task, but here are just some facts that might change your mind.
- Flexible working hours - When working from home, you do not have to limit yourself to work from 9 am to 5 pm. You can schedule your working hours according to your own wishes and your client’s needs.
- You can adapt the work environment to your needs - If you work from home, you can adjust your work environment to your liking. This allows you to be more comfortable and relaxed. This also increases your productivity!
- Comfortable clothes - When working from home, you don't have to worry about your looks. You can wear what you feel most comfortable in. Be careful not to answer video calls in your pajamas though.
- Make phone calls easily - You don't have to worry about disturbing your co-workers or your co-workers disturbing you!
- Saving money - Everyday lunches at work can be a significant expense. If you work from home, you can cook a healthy and tasty meal in your kitchen and save some hard-earned money.
- Avoid crowds - We all know how uncomfortable morning and afternoon commute to and from work can be. When working from home, you can avoid traffic jams.
- More free time - Because you don't have to travel to and from work every day, it saves you a lot of time, you can use the time saved for more fun activities.
Downsides of remote work
- Distractions - When you get to work in an office, your brain automatically switches to that “it’s time to work” mode. When you are in a home environment, you may find it difficult to concentrate on work, as there are many distractions around you that take your attention away.
- Co-workers are not available all the time - When working from home, you cannot go straight to a co-worker/boss and ask him what you are interested in. You need to communicate with him in a different way and he will not necessarily be reachable when you need him. Finding new ways to communicate effectively is key.
- Self-discipline - This is the biggest factor for success when working remotely. Unproductivity, boredom, no socializing and extended breaks can easily bring down your sales performance. This is why you must find a way to self-discipline and break through these “traps”.
Sellcrowd is the answer
Creating a profile on Sellcrowd today gives you access to the fastest-growing platform for remote sales jobs. More than 400 clients are looking for sales talent each day. Finding a remote sales job was never easier than now.
If you are an employer, using Sellcrowd makes it easy and fast to identify the required sales talent as soon as it is available. The hiring process is done in a matter of hours and not months. This makes it easy to gather a sales team to test out new markets or scaling up your sales output.
Create a profile today if you’re a salesperson looking for work, or list a job for free if you’re an employer looking for sales talent.