RailMitra is an e-catering partner of RailRestro, which is an authorised partner of IRCTC. It delivers quality and hygienic food in train. As of now, RailMitra has partnered with more than 2000 restaurant partners all over India. Download the RailMitra e-catering app and get the best food for the train journey.
Indian Railways is the most popular and commonly used transportation that carries more than 23 million passengers every single day. E-catering makes travelling in Indian Railways comfortable and enjoyable with its train food order partners. E-catering is a way that allows passengers to order food on train online and get it delivered right on their seats.
RailMitra is an e-catering partner of RailRestro, which is an authorised partner of IRCTC. It delivers quality and hygienic food in train. As of now, RailMitra has partnered with more than 2000 restaurant partners all over India. The most crucial fact about RailMitra e-catering is that it only partners with FSSAI-approved vendors who guarantee fresh and hygienically packed food deliveries.
How to Order Food in Train with RailMitra E-catering
The process to order food on trains through RailMitra e-catering is extremely easy. The food for train journey can be ordered online in any of the three simple ways. The passenger can:
- Visit RailMitra website to place order for online food delivery in trains by entering the PNR or train name and journey details
- Call 8102888222 from your mobile or
- Download RailMitra mobile app
Order Healthy Food in Train with RailMitra E-catering Services
Besides offering an easy food ordering process, RailMitra strives to include multiple cuisines from all over the world.
Here are a few healthy options you can find in RailMitra e-catering app’s extensive menu:
- Veg Thali: A healthy vegetarian thali never disappoints. If you want a filling meal, then choose a veg thali from any of the IRCTC e-catering restaurants. Enjoy a fulfilling meal made up of seasonal vegetables, paneer, roti, dal, rice, pickles, curd and salad during your train journey.
- Stuffed Tandoori Paratha: A traditional dish of Punjab, parathas are best for breakfast as they will keep you energised throughout the journey. You can also choose from different stuffing options and order parathas through RailMitra e-catering service.
- Idli Sambar: This delectable South Indian dish is perfect for breakfast while travelling as it is both light and healthy. Enjoy this delicious meal on trains to make your journey more gratifying. To get a full plate of hot and fresh Idli delivered to your train seat, you can choose any restaurants on the RailMitra, train food app. Enter your PNR number, select the name of the restaurant, book your order and wait for the delivery at your seat.
- Plain Dosa: Another popular South Indian dish is dosa. Enjoy it with a mix of flavourful chutneys and a bowl of hot and tasty sambar for enjoying a fulfilling meal.
- Chhole Bhature: A plate of piping hot and spicy chhole with fluffy, yummy bhaturas truly defines delicious food. Eat this heavenly combo with your friends and family and spice up your journey.
- Paneer Biryani: All food lovers love to eat a well-cooked biryani. Enjoy Paneer Biryani on trains with a small bowl of raita on the side and let your taste buds gratify in its luscious flavours.
- Pav Bhaji: Pav Bhaji can be ordered onboard through RailMitra e-catering as a perfect snack for food rail delivery.
- Moong Daal Halwa: If you have a fondness of sweets, then stuff your pangs of hunger with a serving of hot and mouth-watering traditional moong daal halwa. It is prepared in desi ghee and garnished with rich dry fruits, and it is one of the healthiest desserts.
- Sabudana Khichdi: One of the most nutritious dishes on the train journey, Sabudana Khichdi makes for a great breakfast on the train.
One of the best things about RailMitra e-catering service is that passengers have options to choose a variety of meals from a wide range of cuisines including North Indian, South Indian and Jain food on trains. Some of these foods are only available at some of the major railway stations, so make sure that you see the list in advance and book your order accordingly.
You can visit the RailMitra website and enter the given PNR number. A list of stations and restaurants delivering on the chosen station will be visible on your screen. Make your pick from a large assortment of the menu offered by authorised food vendors and order healthy food while travelling by train.
You can also order pizza on trains along with a beverage of your interest. Download the RailMitra e-catering app and get the best food for the train journey