MEDICAL DEGREES FOR STUDENTS IN INDIA
For pursuing medical degrees you need patience. The medical course in India is offered under various specializations. These specializations include- Medical and Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacy, Allied Health, nursing, Health, and Fitness. Students holding a medical degree will get opportunities from private clinics, hospitals in the healthcare sector. Also, a medical graduate can work for research centers, labs, and the pharmaceutical industry.
For pursuing this career, he/she must have a medical degree with a specialization. Various top medical colleges offer undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and also certificate courses.
Below are some of the popular UG courses students opt for:
- MBBS - Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Science
- BDS - Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- BASLP - Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
- BOptom - Optometry
- BSc - Medical Imaging Technology
- BSc - Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc- Nursing
- BOT - Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- BPharm - Pharmacy
- BPT - Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- MD - Respiratory Medicine, Radio-Diagnosis, Anaesthesiology, Paediatrics, etc.
- MS - Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, etc.
- MDS - Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, etc.
- MSc - Medical Anatomy, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Medical Physiology, etc.
- MPH - Health Management, Bio-Statistics
- MOT - Hand Rehabilitation, Neurosciences, Mental Health, etc.
- MPharm - Pharmaceutical Analysis, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, etc.
- Diploma in Nursing
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Diploma in Optometry
- Diploma in Medical Record Science
- Certificate Course in Ophthalmic Technology
- Certificate Course in Blood Bank Technology
- Certificate Course in Health Inspector
- Certificate Course in Medical Office Management (CcMOM)
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Candidates must have passed 12th, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. The main subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Zoology/Botany.
- The candidate should be more than 17 years at the time of admission.
- The candidate must also have studied English in the qualifying exam.
TOP MEDICAL COLLEGES IN INDIA
Following are the top private medical colleges in India:
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research (SRIHER), Chennai
- St. John’s National Academy of Health Sciences (SJNAHS), Bangalore
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
TOP PUBLIC MEDICAL COLLEGES
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- KGMU - King George's Medical University
- Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH), Chandigarh