Mahendra Singh Dhoni, a former Indian international cricketer, captained the Indian national team from 2007 to 2017 in limited-overs and from 2008 to 2014 in Test cricket.
FULL NAME: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
BORN: July 7, 1981
HEIGHT: 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)
ROLE: Wicket-keeper Batsman, Right-handed Batsman, Right-arm medium Bowler
RELATION(S): Sakshi Singh Rawat (Spouse), Ziva Dhoni (Daughter), Pan Singh (Father), Jayanti Gupta (Sister), Narendra Singh Dhoni (Brother).
Mahendra Singh Dhoni or as he's popularly called MS Dhoni is an Indian cricketer who symbolizes India on the global stage. On the national level, Dhoni plays excellent awards for Jharkhand.
Dhoni utilized to captain the Indian national group in limited-overs formats from 2007 to 2016 and in Test cricket from 2008 to 2014. He's led India into the 2007 ICC World Twenty20 success, both the 2010 and 2016 Asia Cup victories, the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup success, along the 2013 ICC Champions Trophy success. He's also the current captain of Chennai Super Kings from the Premier League.
Dhoni is among the very few cricketers with over 10,000 runs in ODIs. Pros deem Dhoni to become among the best"finishers" from limited-overs formats in World Cricket. Many also considered him as one of the greatest wicket-keepers in contemporary limited-overs global cricket.
Also see: Today's Birthday
- Test cricket positions for the first time, in 2009.
- Best Indian Test captain with 27 Test wins.
- Most offshore Evaluation defeats by an Indian captain - 15.
- Initial Indian wicket-keeper to finish 4,000 evaluation runs.
- Third Greatest score by an Indian captain - 224 from Australia at Chennai.
- Fastest century performed by an Indian wicket-keeper, and fourth complete - 148 v Pak
- 50 sixes with an Indian captain.
- Many dismissals record by Indian wicket-keepers - 294
- Many stumpings by any wicket-keeper at a Test career - 38
- Most dismissals in an innings by an Indian Wicket Keeper - 6 connected with Syed Kirmani
- Third captain (along with also the very first non-Australian) entire to win 100 games.
- Fourth Indian to achieve 10,000 ODI runs.
- The first player to maneuver 10,000 runs in ODI cricket together with a career average of over 50.
- Dhoni gets got the fifth-highest batting average (51.09) with over 5,000 runs
- Most livelihood runs in ODI history when batting at number 6 position - 4031
- The single-player to score several hundred in ODI cricket when batting at number 7 standing or reduced - two
- Most not workouts in ODIs - 82
- First Indian and fifth total to strike 200 sixes in ODIs.
- Highest score with a wicket-keeper at ODIs - 183* vs SL
- India's greatest eighth-wicket venture in ODIs - 100 runs out not, Dhoni and Bhuvneshwar Kumar.
- Most unbeaten innings and greatest average ineffective ODI run-chases.
- Played the many games in ODI history for a captain who's also served as a wicket-keeper - 200
- Most dismissals in an innings by an Indian Wicket Keeper - 6
- Most dismissals in a livelihood by an Indian Wicket Keeper profession - 432
- Many stumpings by any wicket-keeper within an ODI profession - 120
- First Indian wicket-keeper to shoot 300 ODI catches and fourth wicket-keeper on the planet to reach the feat.
- Most wins in T20Is as captain - 41
- Most games as captain in T20Is - 72
- Most games in T20I background as both captain and wicket-keeper - 72
- Most sequential T20I innings with no duck - 84
- Dhoni holds the record for playing with the maximum T20I innings - 76 and scored the most runs - 1,153 before scoring a fifty.
- Many dismissals as wicket-keeper at T20Is - 87
- Most grabs as wicket-keeper at T20Is - 54
- Many stumpings as wicket-keeper at T20Is - 33
- Most grabs as a wicketkeeper at a T20I inning - 5
- International documents (mixed ODI, Test, and T20I)
- Most global games as captain - 332
- Dhoni is your very first, and thus far only, wicket-keeper to impact 150 stumping dismissals over the 3 types of the match. His current total of stumpings in internationals stands at 161.
- 2007−08: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest honor awarded for achievement in sport.
Also See: Aikido Martial Arts
Dhoni was chosen in 1998 by Deval Sahay to perform for the Central CoalFields Limited (CCL) team. This was the very first time that Dhoni stepped into cricket. Dhoni showed the unique talent that impressed Deval Sahay who used his own connections in Bihar Cricket Association to drive his choice from the Bihar team.
Dhoni surfaced for its mature Bihar Ranji Team for 1999--2000 years old. He was also contained at the Bihar U-19 squad to 1998--99 years where he scored 176 runs in seven innings from 5 games. Dhoni nevertheless Wasn't chosen for the East Zone U-19 group (CK Nayudu Trophy) and also the Remainder of the India group (MA Chidambaram Trophy and Vinoo Mankad Trophy). Dhoni created an outstanding debut in the Ranji Trophy introduction for Bihar from 1999--2000 year old. He had been just eighteen-year-old at the instant.
After enjoying Ranji Trophy for more than three decades, Dhoni was chosen over by global cricketer Deep Dasgupta to signify East Zone. It was then Dhoni stepped into the limelight. Dhoni was scouted by BCCI's small-town talent-spotting initiative TRDW and found by TRDO Prakash Poddar. Dhoni was chosen for India A group to get a tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya. His performances because excursion brought him the attention of the likes of Sourav Ganguly and Ravi Shastri.
Dhoni's providers were contracted from the Chennai Super Kings to get US$1.5 million in IPL's inaugural year in 2008. He had been the most expensive player in the IPL for its very first season auctions. Dhoni captained Chennai Super Kings to success in 2010 and 2011 and 2018 Indian Premier League titles as well as the 2010 and 2014 Champions League T20 titles.
Following the CSK was prohibited for two Decades, Dhoni was then bought by Growing Pune Supergiant to get US$1.9 Million in 2016. He had been the captain that season but following his team finished in 7th place that he had been substituted by Steven Smith.
MS Dhoni's CSK reached the final for a list 8th period in 2019 but had been halted by a resurgent Mumbai Indians side that won the last with a whisker.
Dhoni came on the global stage once the Indian ODI team was unable to find its Wicketkeeper-Batsman. We found Rahul Dravid from the 2000s and the coming of wicket-keeper/batsman in the junior ranks like Parthiv Patel and Dinesh Karthik. Nevertheless, they did not match the group mix well. Then came Dhoni, who had been chosen for the ODI squad to the Bangladesh tour in 2004/05.
Dhoni had a disastrous beginning to a profession that anybody can ask for. Obtaining a workout for a duck on introduction is the very last thing you desire. However, despite normal performances in his inaugural show against the Bangladesh cricket group, Dhoni was chosen for the series against Pakistan. Dhoni scored his first century in his fifth-largest one-day international. He scored 148 at Visakhapatnam off just 123 deliveries. And thus started the Dhoni era.
His final ODI inning came from New Zealand at the 2019 WC Semifinal where he finished his ODI traveling in precisely the exact same manner he began with a runout. Though there were speculations that MSD will stage a comeback following the 2020 IPL, the unforeseeable situation because of COVID-19 guaranteed that MS Dhoni played his final global match with no farewell.
Dhoni's performances in ODIs against Sri Lanka opened the doorway for Test Cricket for him. Dhoni substituted Dinesh Karthik in December 2005 and has been the last guy standing in his 30 conduct travel in his debut test innings. Dhoni went on to score his eponymous half-century at the next Test. He was quite competitive with it also since the half-century came off 51 balls. We witnessed that the Dhoni in making who was shortly likely to lead India into the number 1 place in Tests.
Dhoni was chosen for India's first-ever Twenty20 global match. Although Dhoni was outside for a duck, he led to India's success with a single catch and a runout. The very next year, Ms. Dhoni has been selected to direct a youthful Indian group, at the World T20 in 2007. About 24 September 2007, Dhoni became the next Indian captain to have won a World Cup in almost any format of cricket, even following Kapil Dev.
Earth Cup-winning Captain
MS Dhoni is India's sole two-time World Cup-winning captain, causing the group to succeed on two events that included two distinct formats. He headed a young Indian group into the T20 World Cup success in South Africa in 2007. Dhoni subsequently led India for their next ODI World Cup success in 2011. He was awarded man of the match in the finals against Sri Lanka because of his rating of 91 outside. The bat that was utilized by Dhoni at the last game was sold to get a whopping $72, Lac. The whole amount of cash went to Sakshi Rawat Foundation that was worked by Dhoni's spouse Sakshi Rawat to help orphan children.
- Dhoni was created on 7 July 1981 at Ranchi, Bihar (now in Jharkhand). He had been raised in a Hindu Rajput family.
- Dhoni has a sister called Jayanti Gupta along with a brother called Narendra Singh Dhoni. The couple gave birth to a gorgeous woman on about 6 February 2015 and called her Ziva.
- MS Dhoni is a skilled paratrooper from the Indian military after he finished five parachute training jumps from Indian Army aircraft at the Agra training camp in 2019.