Google Meet is developed by Google as a video conferencing software.
Google Meet is developed by Google as a video conferencing software. This Google product is an excellent alternative to Hangouts and Duo, but it performs differently from these two apps and has several advanced features. Anyone can use Google Meet for free. But the free version comes with limited features. You get 60 minutes of meeting duration and up to 100 persons connectivity at once with the free version. However, Google is planning to extend the meeting durations up to 24 hours.
Further, you get more features and flexibility on users and meeting durations with its paid plan. Google Meet’s video meetings are also encrypted for privacy concerns. Moreover, read this guide to know how to use Google Meet on different platforms.
Start your journey with Google Meet
If you want to start your video conferencing journey with Google Meet, you can consider the below steps to use it. To use Google Meet, you must have a Google account or G-Suite account. If you want to access it through your G-Suite business account, make sure that your administrator has enabled the service. Google Meet is compatible with Google Chrome and many other browsers such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari. You can also use it on Android and iOS devices.
Use Google Meet on PC
If you have a PC with Windows or Mac OS, you can quickly start your meeting with Google Meet by following these steps.
- Access meet.google.com through a compatible internet browser.
- You will see a button named New meeting and a blank box on the screen. If you have a meeting code or link from a different person, paste it in the empty box to start the meeting. If you want to start a new one, choose the option New meeting.
- Select the meeting type from available options such as Create a meeting for later, Start an instant session, or Schedule in Google Calendar.
- You can get a link to share with your contacts for a meeting.
Use Google Meet on Android and iOS devices
If you have a smartphone, you can attend or start a meeting through its app. To connect or invite anyone, share the meeting link. Follow the below instructions to start your meeting using your phone.
- Launch the app on your phone.
- Click on New meeting.
- Provide a nickname or code for the meeting.
- Click the button Join.
Different options to take advantage of Google Meet
Connect through Gmail
- Access your Gmail account.
- On the left side of the Gmail homepage, you will see a Meet section.
- Choose New meeting.
- Fill in the meeting details.
- Hit the Join button to start.
Connect through Google Calendar
- Access Google Calendar app or site.
- Find events from the calendar and click on it.
- Here you have to choose the option Join with Google Meet.
- Now hit the Join button.
Connect through a meeting URL
- To start a meeting using an URL, find the URL provided to you.
- Please access the link in a web browser or click on it.
- As the host will start the meeting, you will automatically connect.
These are the ways to use Google Meet on different platforms. This comprehensive guide includes various Google Meet advantages and how to use it.
Source URL - A Guide For Using Google Meet