QuickBooks Error 83
QuickBooks is accounting software that has been brought into the market by Intuit. Using this software helps the users to save a lot of valuable time with the help of its advanced features and services. There are several services which the QuickBooks software provides the user. Some of these services are Payroll activity, Transaction related work, accepting payments, tax calculation, and also assists in keeping track of your business accounts. This software has also ensured that they give great importance to the security of the user’s data. They ensure that the users do not come across the concern of their data being stolen or lost. Even as the software is an ideal accounting assistant, there are several issues that the users of this software come across. One such issue is the QuickBooks Error 83. Once you go through this blog you would efficiently be able to work your way out of this error. The users even have the option of connecting with the QuickBooks Support Phone Number for availing assistance.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 83
The reasons for encountering this error in QuickBooks have been stated below. Understanding the core reasons would aid the user in effectively resolving the issue at the earliest.
• Not having permission to access the folder or file.
• The browser or Windows firewall has blocked the QuickBooks file.
• When more than one user is trying to access the data file.
• Incorrect file extension.
• Some files not being available on your installed QuickBooks.
• Damage that has taken place in your company file or the shared folder.
Ways to Solve the QuickBooks Error Code 83
The process to solve this error code would entirely depend on the reason because of which you are encountering this issue. The most common ways through which you can solve these issues are as given below:
- You would have to open the company file that is located on your Windows Server Computer.
- Then you would have to download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool and then install it.
- When QuickBooks is handling more than on PC, then you would have to make some changes.
- Firstly, turn off the Hosting service from all the PC. It should remain only on the computer which is the main server.
- Now go to the File section and then into the option of Utilities. There you would see Host multiple user access, then it must be understood that your system is not hosting your QuickBooks file.
- If you can see the option ‘Stop hosting multiple user access’ then click on Yes and further opt the option of ‘Company file must be closed.
- When a user tries to create a backup this error occurs.
- You would be then left with the option of manually creating a backup and storing it in the C drive.
- When the user has tried to restore a company file.
- In this case, it is suggested that you change your file extension from .qbw.adr or .qbm to .qbw.
- Also, ensure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Make sure that you properly configure the QuickBooks Firewall.
- Also, check the data file permission.
- Try and access your company file from a different location.
QuickBooks payroll is a service that helps users in filing taxes. It keeps its prime focus on filing taxes in the way that the user would want to and it makes sure that there are no errors that take place while filing the taxes. This service also aids the users in managing bills, paying the employees, and also in tracking the company’s income and expenses. This service aids the users with the option of automatic tax calculation, provision of instant paychecks and also assists in filing federal and state taxes. The users can connect with the QuickBooks Payroll Contact Phone Number to attain more information about every feature of this service.